Rich, Full, Buttery, Mildly Sweet
Farmed for 8+ years
4 weeks, unopened
24 hours, opened
For caviar lovers and lovers of caviar, Sterling Royal grade white sturgeon caviar, also known as “Black Gold,” is identified by its medium to large, semi-firm to firm eggs. Unique coloring ranges from onyx to light or dark brown. A creamy mouthfeel is preceded by a rich, full and buttery flavor with aromas of mildly sweet, salty sea air. Due to its consistent taste and texture, this is an all-time favorite of newbies and connoisseurs alike.
Find out how our caviar gets from our farm to your door HERE.
Please note: As each sturgeon is unique, so is the caviar they produce. As such, it is normal to experience variations in color within each grade. With regards to coloring, caviar pictured here is a good representation but is not necessarily indicative of all caviar within this grade.
At Sterling, we take great care and pride in using traditional methods of producing caviar in an artful manner, producing each tin by hand and taking a deft approach to all we do. Our production is in the traditional malossol method, which means “little salt” and that is all we use – no chemicals, no preservatives, just roe and salt, as has been made for centuries. This enhances the true flavors of the caviar and brings the subtle nuances of each taste to the forefront of the palate.
Our work starts long before caviar production though, and our commitment to excellence and sustainability is a principle we are passionate about. Our quality assurance programs are overseen and held in strict compliance with Federal and State food safety laws and we are certified by the U.S. Department of Commerce Seafood Inspection Program. We are thankful for the environment in which our farms exist and have thus developed partnerships to help create wetlands for endangered species and to protect the areas where we work and play every day. Sterling continues to look to the future for ways we can continually improve in all facets of our business to be good stewards of the land, good neighbors, partners and citizens, all in such a way that we continue to provide the world with the taste of luxury – from our farm to your palate!
What is your return policy?
What does your caviar taste like?
What is the best way to store my caviar?
How do I open my tin of caviar?
How long will my caviar last?
Can you trace your white sturgeon fish and caviar?
How is your product produced and processed?
Does your caviar contain hormones, artificial additives, or artificial preservatives?
Am I able to purchase your caviar for resale?
Why Sterling Caviar
|PRICE||$195||$750 - $ 2,400|
|SPECIES||Acipenser Guldenstadtii||Acipenser Guldenstadtii|
|EGG SIZE||Medium||Small to Medium|
|SHELF LIFE||Four Weeks|
|FRESHNESS||Pacjed Fresh to Order||Prepackaged|
Caviar is extremely delicate and, as such, is highly perishable. At Sterling Caviar, we take the utmost care to guarantee that your caviar arrives in pristine condition. Your caviar is fresh-packed at our farm and shipped chilled, arriving at your doorstep within 24 hours*. So that you may receive maximum enjoyment from our caviar, please consider the following guidelines:
- For optimal results, place extra ice packs in the freezer and store your caviar with firm packs on top of the caviar in the coldest part of your refrigerator (32° F-35° F / 0° C-1.67° C). Depending on the style of your refrigerator, this is typically in the back and may be on the top or bottom shelf. Pro tip: Look for the vent – the spot where the coldest air is being forced into your refrigerator. Never freeze your Sterling Caviar.
- Change out the ice packs so firm packs on used continuously while in the refrigerator.
- Open your tin when serving with a caviar key or a quarter or round edged small butter knife, simply turn the key after inserting into the lid of the tin and pop open.
- Caviar is like wine, once the tin is exposed to air, it is best enjoyed within 2 days of opening it. It is optimum to enjoy it in one sitting.
- To serve your caviar, you may use the tin it is in, and place it over a bowl of ice, much like oysters, caviar needs to remain cold.
*Please note: Due to the perishable nature of caviar and our commitment to providing you with a product of exceptional taste, texture, and freshness, We do not package your caviar until the day that it ships. To maintain your caviar’s optimal state, it must be shipped overnight. Shipping rates vary via Fedex dependent on your geographical region and zipcode.
Following all instructions above our caviar has a 4 week shelf life to ensure the best experience.
“It melts in my mouth. Love the buttery finish!”
– Molly T., Sterling Caviar customer
A GREAT STARTER INTO THE WORLD OF CAVIAR: NUTTY, ROBUST & SMOOTH
On the palate, a robust nuttiness melts away into a smooth, buttery finish. Perfect for treating your caviar craving without breaking the bank. Try Sterling Caviar Classic today in five serving sizes.