Preparation & Presentation:
Recipe courtesy of Chef Philip Tessier - Serves 4
For the Roesti:
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 ounces Clarified Butter or Ghee
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp Ascorbic Acid
- 2 Tbsp Clarified Butter, for browning
- 4 ounces Smoke Sturgeon
- 1 ounce Sterling Caviar
- as needed: Apples, sliced thinly
- as needed: Creme Fraiche
- as needed: Herbs
- Heat a medium, non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the clarified butter and add the potatoes, being careful not to let them touch. Brown the potatoes until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side.
- Once the potatoes are brown, season lightly with kosher salt and place on a towel-lined tray.
- Place each potato on a plate and garnish with slices of smoked sturgeon, sliced apples and creme fraiche.
- Finish the dish with caviar and fresh herbs.